Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Dan Mckenna 2006

I have spent far to much of the last two years at work. I worked for the New Hampshire Democratic party, and then got myself elected as a State Rep. (my term ends in December,) I left the party to work on Governor Bill Richardson's campaign in New Hampshire, he's a great guy and the campaign was to short lived, but that's a different story all together. Now I'm working as interim director of the Senate Caucus here in NH, until September when I hope to go to law school, applications are due this weekend. Overall it has been a ton of work, early mornings and late nights but I believed in it and had some amazing experiences along the way that will stay with me forever.

Most importantly I got engaged a year ago this week! We are getting married in April, I'm looking forward to that!

I heard that you aren't sending a group of people to Panama any more, that you've moved to other places. That must have been a tough decision. Not a day goes by when I don't think about some part of Panama, from saying grace over a small dinner with people who were truly thankful, to picking chiotes, killing chickens, celebrating my birthday, or saying night prayer as group. I don't know if you have heard any news from Panama or if you are still in touch with Father Jaun, but I'd be interested to hear an update if a group does go back or you do hear updates. Those two trips to Panama definitely had an impact on me and I'll always be glad you brought me both times.

This is sort of a disjointed email as I read back over it, but I just wanted to say Hello. Sometimes CUA seems so far away and sometimes it seems like yesterday, but this is an email I've been meaning to write for some time.

Peace,
Dan McKenna



No comments: